Tuesday, November 11, 2014

I AMS.....ACT IV


My classes recently finished studying the seven I AM statements Jesus made in the Gospel of John. If you aren't familiar with them, here they are!
I am the bread of life.
I am the true vine.
I am the good shepherd.
I am the gate for the sheep.
I am the light of the world.
I am the resurrection and the life.
I am the way, the truth, and the life.

I gave my students the assignment of coming up with their own I AM statements which would define them. Again tonight, I am posting some of them. They are brutally honest and all are used with permission, boys in blue and girls in pink!

I am the Oddest Secret-Keeper.
I am the boy who wants to be a family man someday.
I am the guy you wouldn't believe spends more time thinking than talking.
I am the guy wanting to be known by everyone some days, by no one on others.
I am a boy who doesn't deserve to be here.
I am a kid who wants more.
I am the one who doesn't know what I am.
I am the guy who can't find the right girl.
I am my brother's keeper.
I am not being who I have the potential to be.
I am someone who needs to focus on what's important.
I am the leader from behind.
I am the mutt of my family.
I am hiding behind my smile.
I am struggling to show my true self.
I am afraid of watching the news because reality can really be ugly.

I am a pacifist.
I am a weak servant of God.
I am a young man infuriated by dishonesty and hypocrisy.

I am the girl who knows football better than the boys.
I am the daughter of my best friend.

I am a girl who has learned not to care.
I am highly detached from my emotions.
I am a girl who likes to be surrounded by others.
I am God's child.
I am sick but I don't show my sickness.
I am a hugger.
I am the baby in my family.
I am the greatest person you'll never care to know.
I am the embodiment of loneliness.
I am the person who smiles and nods but cries inside.

I am the girl who always wants more than she can have.
I am the girl who is able to hide anything emotionally.


God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1
www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: