Saturday, November 08, 2014

I AMS


My classes recently finished studying the seven I AM statements Jesus made in the Gospel of John. If you aren't familiar with them, here they are!
I am the bread of life.
I am the true vine.
I am the good shepherd.
I am the gate for the sheep.
I am the light of the world.
I am the resurrection and the life.
I am the way, the truth, and the life.

I gave my students the assignment of coming up with their own I AM statements which would define them. Over several nights, I will post some of them. They are brutally honest and all are used with permission, boys in blue and girls in pink!

I am a boy who is a vessel filled by living water.
I am a young man who loves his family even when they punish me.
I am the boy who has joy get snuffed out through peer pressure.
I am a son of Israel.
I am a girl who tries so hard to please people that I lose sight of pleasing God.
I am a girl who worries if her friends really like her and whether we will stay friends after high school.

I am the young man who will be a great husband.
I am what God has planned.

I am a sinner walking into the light of God.
I am a boy who does not want to die alone.
I am the catcher of my dreams.
I am a girl who is not ready.
I am a girl who is forever striving.
I am a girl uniquely made.
I am a boy who misses his grandmother ALOT!
I am the boy who dreams of having a happy family and a beautiful wife.
I am a girl afraid of losing her passion to dream BIG!
I am scared of my own success.
I am charismatic and a visionary.

I am a gardener who grows emotionally.
I am a girl who is a child at heart.

I am a perfectionist and the best at what I do.
I am a girl who loses her faith easily.
I am smart but sometimes lazy.
I am a boy who is too generous.
I am saved by amazing grace.
I am a future father and grandfather.

I am a girl of courage and strength.
I am the girl who genuinely cares.

I am a repetitive sinner of the same sins.
I am part of God's earthly army.



God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1
www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow...these are very raw, and honest statements. Thankfully we have God's word to root us.