Sunday, November 09, 2014

I AMS..... Chapter 2



My classes recently finished studying the seven I AM statements Jesus made in the Gospel of John. If you aren't familiar with them, here they are!
I am the bread of life.
I am the true vine.
I am the good shepherd.
I am the gate for the sheep.
I am the light of the world.
I am the resurrection and the life.
I am the way, the truth, and the life.

I gave my students the assignment of coming up with their own I AM statements which would define them. Again tonight, I am posting some of them. They are brutally honest and all are used with permission, boys in blue and girls in pink!

I am both scared and excited.
I am a lost soul.
I am an ordinary girl who does not expect too much.
I am a believer in God and Hi
s miracles for me.
I am a good example to the younger ones.
I am a girl seeking for a brighter future.
I am the girl who longs for things she cannot have.
I am the girl who does not acknowledge that God is with her.
I am the girl who is terribly afraid of disappointing her mom which keeps her from trying new things.

I am a girl who tries to be something and she doesn't even know what that something is.
I am a confident champion and yet afraid of failing in life.
I am determined and a gentleman.
I am a proud Jew in America who would not be here if not for my grandmother escaping the Nazis.
I am a young man who embraces being different.
I am a leader not a follower.
I am the king of guess.
I am always the youngest in my grade.
I am a prisoner, figuratively speaking.
I am a writer with perpetual writer's block.
I am the child who failed expectations.
I am the writer of my own life.
I am a shell buried in the sand.
I am a boat lost at sea.
I am the friendliest kid within a group.
I am the boy who is kind to everyone.

I am excited to go home to Vietnam next summer.
I am a weirdo.
I am a child of God who is waiting to be found.
I am the girl who cannot fully accept a compliment.
I am mentally and emotionally drained but I dare not show it.

I am a complicated thinker.
I am consistently inconsistent.

I am the only child in my family who gets parental love.
I am an example of God's favor.
I am a girl who wants to leave a mark on the world through God.
I am ready to graduate but not leave my frends.
I am a 'go get it' kind of person.
I am confident and a self-motivator.
I am beautiful to God.
I am the daughter who feels alone.


God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1
www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com








No comments: