Sunday, July 13, 2014

YOU RAISE ME UP (Ken Ellis)

Tonight's installment is again by my god friend, Ken Ellis. Keep me in your prayers as my mission in Vietnam enters its fifth day!

I can still remember being emotionally moved by the young singer with an operatic voice who sang a song titled You Raise Me Up during the pre-game show of the 2004 Super Bowl.  Josh Groban sang this song as a tribute to the Columbia shuttle crew who were killed when the shuttle disintegrated over East Texas during its re-entry into the earth's atmosphere on February 1, 2003.  While not intended to be a spiritual song per se, the words do convey a spiritual sentiment.  I can almost hear God’s beloved servant, David, repeating these same words when the trials of life overwhelmed him at times.

When I am down and, oh my soul, so weary
When troubles come and my heart burdened be,
Then, I am still and wait here in the silence
Until you come and sit a while with me.

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains
You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders
You raise me up . . . to more than I can be.

When life’s troubles overwhelm us and all seems hopeless, it is in the silence of the moment that God offers to sit with us and raise us up to stand on mountain tops and walk on turbulent seas.  Because Jesus was raised from the grave, He will someday come and raise us up, and we will become more than we could ever be while here on this earth. Ken

God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1
www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

                                                                    

No comments: