Tuesday, July 15, 2014

CASTLES IN THE SAND (Ken Ellis)

My entry tonight is again by my good friend, Ken Ellis. Please keep me in prayer as I work in Vietnam!

CASTLES IN THE SAND
 Ken Ellis

As I walked along the beach one sunny morning,
I saw a child digging in the sand,
As she filled her pail with water,
She held a tiny figure in her hand.

When I asked what she was building,
She smiled at me and said,
"It’s a castle for a princess,
She and her knight will soon be wed.

The brave knight saved her from the dragon,
She gave her heart to him and soon,
Come tomorrow they will marry,
In the castle yard, beneath the moon."

As I looked at her I wondered,
If she knew what lay ahead,
Soon the evening tide would roll in,
And wash away their sacred bed.

Like castles in the sand,
We are weak and unprotected,
We are helpless when the storms of life come rolling in,
We all need someone to rescue and protect us,
And save us from ourselves, as sinful, mortal men.

We must build our lives upon a firm foundation,
If not strong, it will crumble and fall down,
We can’t know the answer to every situation,
But if we look to Jesus, the answer will be found.

Like castles in the sand,
We can’t rise above the fury,
But He will lift us up and save us in the end,
He will surround us with His mighty power,
With Him as Savior, our broken lives can mend.

So we must build our lives upon a firm foundation,
And when the storms of life blow in from all around,
We can live without fear and complication,
For our anchor rests on higher ground.

Not like castles in the sand,
We won’t be washed into the ocean,
We may be tossed about, and our tears fall in the sea,
But with our eyes on Him and with complete devotion,
We will reign with Him eternally.

When I came back that evening,
The castle had washed away, and the girl was gone,
And like an artist with a brush stroke upon an easel,
His Hand will erase our every wrong. 

  "But the one who hears my words and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation.  The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete." 
Matthew 6:49

God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1
www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com



No comments: