Saturday, March 31, 2012

God's Workmanship



The past two nights, I have posted writing assignments from my students based on the completion of this opening line: "When I look in the mirror, I see......." I love my students but the brutal honesty many of them display takes even me aback. I told them in class yesterday that their honesty doesn't make me like them less, it makes me understand them more...... and like them more. I think the fact that they are offered anonymity influences their openness but I also am amazed that 90% of the kids want me to share them on this sight. Maybe they see their willingness to be transparent, even with only an initial by their words, as a way to shine a light on the life of teens today which is complex to say the least. This morning, I received an e-mail from one of my terrific students, Andrew Jefferson. He shared a YouTube skit that is exactly in step with our lesson, and it's funny. I hope you'll take several minutes to watch this thought provoking clip. In the coming days, I'll be posting many more of my students' reflections on their lives. Thanks for reading. Pray for these kids and all the kids growing up in these turbulent times.

God bless,

Steve
Luke 18:1

www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: