Monday, October 17, 2011

He Must......

Tonight and the next three nights, we will look at marriage from the perspective of  my students. This goes back to last evening's entry called The Princess Bride and MookDa's List. All my students were asked to list six He Must or She Must statements about their future mate and then six He Must Nots and She Must Nots. These are used by permission:

He must be pure. Laura


He must know how to cheer someone up. Mallory


He must be great with children. Avery


He must love and care for his family. Lindsay T.


He must be at least five years older than me. Ivy


He must understand Asian culture. Minh


He must be open minded. Janelle


He must smell good. Francie


He must love himself. Bryanna D.


He must be taller than me. Megan


He must be proactive. Mckenzie


He must be a college graduate. Darian


He must know how to communicate, even if we're mad at each other. Brianna L.


He must have my best interest at heart. Tiffany


He must be thoughtful and romantic. Autumn


He must have good health and hygiene. Hadiya


He must be acceptable to my parents. Kaylan


He must be strong and brave. Victoria


He must have very beautiful eyes and teeth. Wanlisa


He must speak Vietnamese, although he doesn't have to be from Vietnam. But he must learn Vietnamese in order to speak with my parents. Tam


He must be able to keep me on the "right track." Hannah


He must know how to cook with me, or just for fun. Dani


He must be friends with my daddy. Lilly


He must respect his family and my family, especially his mother. Claire


He must have some facial hair. Emily


He must have a promising future. Kelsey


He must be British, or have a desire to live in Europe. Kaitlyn


He must honor his mom. Chelsea


He must have an equal, or higher education than me, not just a job. Raven


He must be open to new ideas I might have. Lindsay M.


He must be a Christian. Erin


He must be self-controlled. Apple


He must have the same values as me. Stacey


He must have the ability to earn money. Melody


He must be approved by my father. Alison


He must love animals. Shannon

God bless,
Steve

Luke 18:1
http://www.hawleybooks.com/
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

1 comment:

Karen Kyle Ericson said...

That's so sweet. Thanks for sharing it. : ) At my old age (51), I'd say
He must know where the laundry hamper is.
He must turn his head when he snores.
He must love the Lord above all else.
He must treat me with honor, love, and respect.

My hubby does his best with all of these.