Monday, December 18, 2017

One Down


I used to religiously watch the number of followers who have signed up on my blog. Sometimes, there is a number swing! The following, from October 25, 2010 talks about the first time this happened!

I lost a follower on Friday. I woke up with 319 but by the time I came home from school, my total was lower by one. Truthfully, I have no idea who left my blog and it shouldn't bother me but I guess it does a little. Did I offend someone or are my writings not up to another's standards? Are the topics not interesting or is my style boring? I have to admit, I have stopped following other blogs before and it takes a deliberate action/effort to do so. My reasons have been that upon further review, the content of the other sites made me uncomfortable and I did not want anyone to associate me with that blogspot. Maybe a reader felt that way about me...... but I hope not.

Jesus lost followers, lots of them. Right after feeding the crowd of 5000 with loaves and fishes, He told a crowd that they would have to eat His flesh and drink His blood to gain eternal life. There was widespread discontent over this difficult teaching and many left the Savior for a more compatible doctrine. Jesus questioned the Twelve as to their intent of staying or going. Peter, the disciple with the ready answer, came up with the right one:
"Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. We believe and know that you are the Holy One of God." (John 6:68-69)
The former fisherman from Bethsaida knew he and his eleven associates had only one option and they were staying put. On the other hand, there are hundreds of millions of blogs so the competition in the internet world is pretty fierce. Whoever you are, my dissatisfied follower, you are always welcome back, no questions asked. I'll leave the blog light on for you.

Applicable quote of the day:
''Well, there are more writers of blogs right now than there are readers, so that's clearly a vanity phenomenon.''
John Doerr

God bless,

Steve
Luke 18:1
http://www.stevehawley.blogspot.com/
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: