Friday, November 20, 2009

Prayer And Thanks


I'll be leaving in the morning for a week in Kansas with Scott's and Dave's families. It has been a long week for me. It's rare that I feel bad but I struggled all week. Since I have never missed a day of teaching to sickness, I had to tough it out and today, I feel much better. Some of you know that I have been going through physical therapy the past six weeks for a rotator cuff injury in my left shoulder. The therapist, Nathan, who is terrific, says I have made tremendous progress and has recommended that I get eight more sessions, which has been approved by both the doctor and insurance company. I am ecstatic about the prognosis and the extra therapy but I've found out how time consuming the process is as well. My goal is to be back in the weight room by Christmas. Keep me in your prayers!

One of my eighth graders, Josh, lost his grandfather this past week. The funeral was today and he mentioned in his prayer request on Wednesday that his mom needed prayers. She was feeling stress from her role as coordinator of the funeral and trying to pull everything together. It brought back to me that this is our first holiday with neither Mom nor Dad alive. Even though Mom had not known us for years, it was still a comfort to know she would be there, wherever there happened to be, when I arrived from Houston. So, this Thanksgiving, I am especially thankful for the parents we had and the stability they brought to our lives in an unstable world. Please join me in praying for Josh's family.....and that I drive safely!

Applicable quote of the day:
"Thanksgiving, after all, is a word of action.''
W.J. Cameron

God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1

No comments: