Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The One: Female Perspective


My entry last evening, "You're The One!" , focused on John the Baptist and romance. I had my students read that piece and then tell me on paper if they believed in the concept of The One when it comes to love. Over the next few nights, I will share some of their thoughts. Tonight's writings are from girls.

"I think that out of the billions of people in the world, there is a perfect match for everyone. I also think that God will some way bring us together if we let Him. There is a special person for everyone and I think often we want to get married so quickly, we don't spend much time making sure that is the person. I hope when I grow up I don't make my decision too fast, and that I make my decision with the right one."
Cameron, grade 8

"I don't think there is just one person out there for us. I don't think there is ever going to be somebody completely perfect for you, because the only person that is perfect is God. I think love is accepting the differences that you have; if someone is perfect for you and exactly alike, how can you learn anything new about them? I think God knows who we are going to marry but He gives a choice; that's why we date. I think love is full of surprises, and my favorite quote is, "Plan to be surprised." Even though we may have the "perfect man" in mind, it may be someone completely different who surprises you and tries to make you happy just because he loves you."
Jeannie, grade 10

"No, I don't believe there is just one person for you. There are many people out there, and you can fall in love many times. You learn to love people despite their flaws and differences. There are always options. There isn't just one; anyone you meet has the possibility to become someone you love, because people fall in love many times over the course of a lifetime."
Miriam, grade 10

"I believe that there is the one. It's like a miracle to find that one person of the six billion in the world. At times, it is difficult to figure out if that person is the one you truly love. I believe God gave us that option to choose, the scavenger hunt to find "The One." There are many people whom we will be very compatible with, but I believe that one person will give off that special spark, and when they do, then I believe that is a miracle."
Sanie, grade 10

"There was a time when I was younger that I did believe in 'The One' or 'Prince Charming.' However, I now believe in 'The Five' or 'The Ten' because the odds of finding only one person to love is ridiculous. I believe that God loves us so much that He provides a choice, so that we may choose what we feel is right for us. Love takes time and it is a hard thing to let go of. For someone to tell me there is only one guy for me that I could ever love is a notion I could not accept."
Taylor, grade 10

"I believe there are many 'The Ones' in the world. Each person has a mate, but still can be compatible with many people on different levels. It depends on God's will, our personality, and how we are raised. A person born in a traditional family and household would be uncomfortable but not unaccepting of a more modern person. It depends completely on God and if you are willing to find one of those 'Ones.' "
Allison, grade 10

''I do believe there is someone out there for you. I believe that God placed us on this earth for one reason and one reason only and that is to love and be loved. God gives you options until your time is right. Many believe that there isn't just one person out there for you because of people hearts getting broken and the divorce rate. But they need to ask themselves, 'Is that the right person for me?' The majority of the time, we want a particular person to be the one, but they aren't. When you truly love someone, you will do any and everything for them, no matter what it is. You put them before yourself and all you want to do is make them happy. If we believe that, then our special 'One' will be there always and forever."
Fallon, grade 11

"I believe that there is 'The One.' He may be 10,000 miles away or right next door; only God truly knows. When He is ready for me to find my one and only love, I'll be right there waiting."
Jasmine, grade 11

God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1

No comments: