Friday, August 07, 2009

Mike White

Mike White is our WCS Director of Guidance. He is also the husband of Jennifer and the father of Madison and Drew. During his twelve years at Westbury Christian, Mike has filled more roles than any other individual and has them exceptional. He also has been to Honduras with me on a mission trip. Here are his thoughts about an upcoming wedding.


Next week, I am going to have the privilege of performing the wedding ceremony for my nephew Aaron and his bride Trishia. They have been dating since high school. I am honored that they thought of me to perform this ceremony. In order to legally perform this ceremony, I have to receive a license from the state of Arkansas. I had to get one of the elders at the congregation I attend (Westbury Church of Christ) to write a letter on my behalf stating my activity within the congregation. This has to be sent to an office in Arkansas and I have to pay a small fee. Seems like a little more trouble than it should be to perform one ceremony. However, as a Christian I understand what Christ did for me. He went through much more difficult circumstances for His bride, the Church. Hebrews 10:10 says, “And by that will we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.” Christ paid the price for all of us. The ceremony will be completed when we are able to join Him forever in Heaven.

Aaron is a lucky guy. He is marrying a beautiful and wonderful young lady. I pray that they will have a long and happy life together serving our Father. By the way, I think Trishia is pretty lucky too. Aaron is a great guy and will make a wonderful husband and father. I am looking forward to August 15.

No comments: