Thursday, July 16, 2009

Prayer Request

This morning, I received an e-mail with terrible news. Very early Wednesday morning, the father of Kevin, Jennifer, and Veronica Phung was murdered in Houston in a carjacking. All three have been students of mine. Kevin graduated in 2008, Jennifer graduated this May, and Veronica will be a senior this upcoming school year. Jennifer and Veronica also played for me in middle school basketball and Veronica's picture is on the cover of my book. Please pray for these three youngsters and their mother, Tiffany, as they deal with this tragedy.
God bless,

Steve
Luke 18:1

www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

3 comments:

Vancouver, Canada said...

Deeply saddening news..Prayers go out for the Beloved Family.

May Their Father REST IN PEACE

Sandy

Sherry Ann said...

Sorry to hear about that. Will pray for the whole family.

-Lane said...

That's terrible. I had Kevin in class while I was there. He's a great kid.

Thanks for filling us in. What part of town was he in?