Monday, July 20, 2009

Every Picture Tells A Story








If you are a regular reader, you know my mission trip to Honduras last week was cancelled due to political instability. Last Tuesday, July 14th, I re-ran a story (Concrete And Clay- scroll down to the bottom of this page) from my 2006 trip, which centered on making concrete for the floor of a church building in the Honduran countryside, at a place called El Rodeo. I didn't own a camera at the time but I came across a fellow team member's CD today with pictures of that specific project. (I am in the light blue scrub shirt, white pants, and black NIKE hat.) Hopefully, you can see the physicality of the work, the joy of the effort, the beauty of the countryside, and the charm of the Honduran people. Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me." They came to us as we labored among them and with them. The little ones were brought to the Savior to be blessed. On this mission on a Central American hillside, we were the ones who were blessed.



God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: