Saturday, February 21, 2009

The (Final) One

This is the final installment of my sophomore responses to the question of John the Baptist to Jesus, "Are you the one or should we expect someone else?" This is a combination of both young men and young ladies' opinions.

"I believe there is the one, because even thought there are 3 billion women on earth, God will put the one in your life and will leave it up to you whether you notice her. For if you aren't patient, you may make an early decision and might have to divorce."
Scott

"I believe that there is one person who will make you most happy and who will love you most. But in finding someone who qualifies, you may go through other relationships where you think you love the person and you're happy but then you come to the realization that its not true. Although I believe there is one person to make you most happy, I don't believe there is the one single person in the whole world. You can meet someone and get married and live a long happy life together, and through that marriage, there could be another person on the other side of the world who would have made you just as happy."
Kiley

"I believe that God finds a person or people that we are meant to be with. He gives us a choice like He always does with everything, including our lives. God could be telling us to marry one person but we choose not to listen to Him and we won't be happy. God always gives us chances, so He might send someone else He knows we could be with our way."
Jackie

"I think that there are multiple people in the world that you can fall in love with. Absolutely perfect high school sweethearts are OK, but they just prepare you for your future relationships. I believe most things are pre-ordained. so its our decision not to pass them up. So in my case, it's follow your heart and the perfect one will be there waiting."
Ashley

"I think that everybody can fond the one but there are many people out in the world so there could be many of them. You might find the one and then notice someone else. Not everybody finds the one though because not everybody tries or some people might not have the same confidence as others. The one usually comes through because God made a man and a woman to be married."
Julius

"I believe that there is 'the one' for everybody. Girls may go through many men but I believe that God has one picked out. I also believe that God gives us choices but no matter what, He knows who we will choose. If we marry someone we think is 'the one,' and he dies, then maybe he wasn't the one God picked out for you. God knows who you will choose to be with but even if he isn't 'the one,' God will work it out so you are with the person who is right for you."
Amy


"I believe that once there is love between two people, for that time or moment, they are 'the one.' I don't believe there is just that one person in the world I am meant to be with because we fall out of love just as easily as we fall in love. People just don't want to do what it takes to make it work. I believe good things come out of relationships but sometimes, love is temporary."
Jessica

"I believe that God gives us options because that is what sin is, choosing the wrong path or choice. I believe that God has our CHOICES planned but not our every move. He gives us the freedom to choose in relationships. Every guy we meet could be a choice, good or bad."
Betsy

"I believe that God has a plan for you to find that ONE man or woman. Many people fall in love more than once but there is usually one guy that makes you get that bubbly feeling inside. There are many different men in the world and I believe the Lord has one special man for every special woman."
Rachael


Applicable quote of the day:
"Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down."

Oprah Winfrey

God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1

www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello! :)