Thursday, December 18, 2008

To Mom On Her Birthday




Today is Mom's birthday. Last night, I saw a piece of paper lying on the floor in my bedroom. I picked it up and it was a small, dark black-and-white picture of Mom holding me as a baby. I can't really recall seeing it before and I don't know how it ended up on my floor. Each time I come back from Wichita, I have more old photos and it must have fallen out of one of the boxes. As I have looked through some of the old slides Scott put on a CD, I was surprised at just how many of the pictures were of that same scene- Mom holding one of us in her arms. The best tribute I could give her on the birthday she does not realize is to let you see her in her finest role, as a mom. She was the best. I love you, Mom.

Applicable quote of the day:
"Life began with waking up and loving my mother's face."
George Eliot

Applicable quote of the day, #2
"A mother loves her children even when they least deserve to be loved."
Kate Samperi

God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: