Friday, December 19, 2008

Thoughts On Mom From Cathy Johnson

My birthday tribute to Mom elicited a number of e-mail responses. It did not have anything to do with anything I said, which was little. The reaction came from those who saw a Godly woman in those pictures and those who knew the Godly woman personally. The following is a beautiful note I received from Cathy Johnson, a fellow worker with Dad for years at Christian Family Services in St. Louis. Cathy graciously has granted me permission to share her thoughts.


Steve, I read your blog today (as I do everyday when possible) and my thoughts are so drawn back to remembering your wonderful mother and father. There's hardly a day goes by that I don't think about them. Roger helped and taught me and my family so many wonderful things. I was just quoting him yesterday to my sister. He was one of the wisest and most loving men I have ever known. I don't know where I would be today without him. And Nelda, what do I say about one of the sweetest women on earth? I have never known anyone so sweet and kind as your mother. She taught us wives and mothers so much. She is truly a woman of God! I miss them soooooo much. I always read your blog and love when you show old pictures and talk about them. I feel bad that I don't communicate with you and your brothers and sisters about how much they meant to me. Everyday is so busy that I don't take the time to do the important things. Please forgive me and know that I loved you parents so very much. I know these past few years have been so difficult on all of you but I can only think about how blessed you were to have had them for as long as you did. They did so much of God's work for so many years. I know the St. Louis area will remember and benefit from them for years to come. I miss Nelda's sweet smile and Roger's big, hearty laugh!!! I'm sorry Nelda cannot remember it is her birthday, but know the rest of us will, and we'll think wonderful thoughts of her today. God bless you and your family today and everyday as you all are so much a part of your parents and they will always live on through all of you.
In Christian Love, Cathy Johnson
(If you don't remember me, I worked with Roger at CFS for many years) Barney and I and our children will remember, benefit from, and love your parents forever.


Applicable quote of the day:
"God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers."

Jewish Proverb

God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1

www.stevehawley.blogpsot.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: