Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Resting Place

Scott sent me this tonight. Aunt Jerry shot this picture of Dad's headstone at the New Corinth Cemetery outside of Nashville, Arkansas where Dad was interred last April 19. This is the same location where many of my relatives on Mom's side, including my Chessshir grandparents, are buried. Interestingly, Mom and Dad were married in the tiny church building which used to sit on this same plot of ground. This place held great meaning for Dad and by extension, for me as well. We loved going to Arkansas as kids and maybe even more as adults. I'm still coming to grips with Dad's passing and this is one more step along the highway. If I died in the near future, this is where I would want to be laid to rest. (I'm sure Uncle Bill would tell me to hurry up and purchase my own plot!) In the Scriptures, both Jacob and his son, Joseph, gave instructions in regards to their funerals; they wanted their remains to be with their families. The families complied...and so did we with our father. Rest In Peace, Dad.

Applicable quote of the day # 1:
"Do not save your loving speeches for your friends till they are dead. Do not write them on their tombstones, speak them rather now instead.”

Anna Cummin


Applicable quote of the day # 2:
"I am learning all the time. The tombstone will be my diploma.”

Eartha Kitt

God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1

www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: