Saturday, October 04, 2008

No Ways

Yesterday, I posted some of my students' positive qualifications for their mate for life. Today, I will show you some of their He can'ts and She can'ts. There were some that were repeated constantly: He cannot be abusive. He/she can't smoke or be an addict. He/she can't have a criminal record. There were also height issues: She can't be taller than me and he can't be shorter than me. As always, I thought the kids did a good job. They think more about deep issues than I did at their age. Here are more words of wisdom from thirteen to sixteen year olds.

He can't dislike my best friends and family. (Valerie, 12th grade)
She can't be prejudiced. (Charles, 8th grade)
He can't be messy. (Angelica, 8th grade)
She can't be completely spoiled. (William, 8th grade)
She can't betray me. (Paul, 10th grade)
He can't be childish. (Ayramis, 10th grade)
She can't be a Yankees fan. (Patrick, 10th grade)
She can't shut me out. (Ian, 10th grade)
She must not have short hair. (Vasquez , 10th grade)
He can't be aggressive. (Katie, 8th grade)
She can't be controlling. (Joel, 10th grade)
She can't yell at me in a different language. (Anthony, 10th grade)
She can't love another guy. (Bihang, 10th grade)
He can't be someone who did not receive love from his family. (Hyunji, 10th grade)
He must not keep secrets. (Betsy, 10th grade)
She can't refuse to take my last name. (Scott, 10th grade)
She can't be ashamed of me. (Julius, 9th grade)
He can't live at home with his mother. (Tarnecia, 10th grade)
She can't be paranoid. (Christian, 10th grade)

She can't be a workaholic. (Joseph, 8th grade)
He can't be a dropout. (Haley, 10th grade)
She can't be mean. (Jonathan, 8th grade)
He can't be conceited. (Alexia, 8th grade)
She can't be really skinny. (Zach, 8th grade)
He can't have a job where he is always out of town. (Autumn, 8th grade)
He can't be anyone but himself. (Kaitlyn, 8th grade)
She can't have a spending problem. (Cody, 10th grade)
She can't have me as her second choice. (Richard, 10th grade)
She can't be promiscuous. (Tyler, 10th grade)
He can't ignore problems between us. (Juliette, 8th grade)
He can't have anger problems. (Annie, 8th grade)
He can't have any piercings or tattoos. (Claire, 8th grade)
She can't think she's my mother. (Ben, 10th grade)
She can't nag me excessively. (David, 10th grade)
He can't say he's a Christian but then not act like one. (Lauren, 10th grade)

AMEN!

God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1

http://www.hawleybooks.com/
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com




1 comment:

Carrie said...

He can't pronounce the food at a mexican food restaurant like he is hispanic if he is not :)