Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sunday Noon Update On Dad

Dad rested comfortably during the night. This morning, he asked me to comb his hair so I tracked down a comb and groomed him. He has been reasonably alert although difficult to understand. Scott and Karen spoke to him about his memories and he again reiterated that he is ready. They reassured Dad that it is OK to let go. I went home and showered and changed clothes. On the way back, I went by to see Mom. She was non-responsive today but did smile. I told her about Dad. Even though it is likely none of it made any impact, I thought she had the right to be told. When I asked if she wanted me to tell Roger she loved him, Mom smiled and shook her head yes. Her smile can still light up a room...or a nursing home.
God bless,

Steve
Luke 18:1
E-mail me at
steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: