Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Wednesday Update On Dad

There is good news and bad news. First, the good news. Dad was allowed to have his first non-tube meal in four weeks this evening! It was not much (soup, strawberry jello, and fruit juice) but it marks a big step in his ability to swallow! Now, the less good news. Dad has polyps in his colon that the doctor thinks may be cancerous. Tomorrow, they will remove this mass in a procedure. For the past several years, Dad has lost blood and had to have a transfusion every six months or so. Scott thinks this could be a blessing if they get it all. Dad just can't keep leaking out blood. I reminded him of the lady in the Bible that Jesus healed after she had been hemorrhaging for twelve years. I told him he only has ten years to catch up with her! Again this evening, I read him a number of letters that so many of you have kindly sent to me. I can't tell you how Dad is moved by the memories from those he shared so many of his experiences with. If you have time, please drop me a line and Dad will hear each one! Please pray this procedure tomorrow is successful and Dad can return to therapy in the near future. Thanks for everything!
God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1

E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: