Monday, March 24, 2008

Monday Update On Dad

I am back in Houston after a great but exhausting week. (Thanks to Jeanette in St. Louis and Ben Johnson in Houston for airport taxi service!) I visited Dad twice today. He continues to get better but wears out easily from the therapy which he desperately needs. This morning, I met Dr. German, Dad's immunologist and he said Dad is doing great in terms of the infections! I am very impressed with the St. Luke's staff this second go-round with Dad. He became very emotional when I left; our being there this week meant the world to him. I was also able to spend time with Mom this morning and delivered some balloons and a plant to cheer her room up a little. She was not talkative but she was sitting up at the lunch table. We were able to get an incredible amount of work completed and we can see the end of the tunnel. Karis will be driving to St. Louis in the next several days and we are so grateful for that. Thanks for your prayers!
God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1

E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: