Monday, February 25, 2008

Tongues Of Men And Angels (Part 2)

As I mentioned yesterday, I had my sophomores phrase 1st Corinthians 13, verses 1-3 in their own words and with their own unique perspectives. Here are additional thoughts from the Class of 2010:
"If I turn in the work for all my classes but I did not do the assignments myself, I would be better off not even turning it in." Syundai


"If I help tutor kids but only for the pay, I should do something else to make money." Kirstie

"If I see someone getting bullied and start to help but then blame the person being bullied for my injuries, I should have left it alone." Skye

"If I donate all my shoes to kids in El Salvador but do it with disgust, I should have just kept the shoes." Roxanna

"If I love to cheer but hate the cheerleading squad, I might as well not try out." Kristi


"If I marry someone just to spite someone else, I should have stayed single." Sam

"If I say, 'I love you' to a girl and then walk out when she needs me the most, that's not love." Adam

"If I go to school but do it just because my parents force me, I should just stay home and get a job." Jarrick


"If I go on a mission trip but avoid the people in that country because I'm hanging out with my friends, I should have just gone to the beach back home." Rebecca

"If I swim in the big meet but do not have good lane manners, I might as well play football." Laney

"If I loan money to a person but hate him in my heart, I would be better off keeping the money." Annie


"If I help my aunt do the housework but complain about it in front of my friends, I should move out of the house and live alone." Patti


"If I help teach about the Bible in VBS but don't care if the children learn, I have not love." Luke

"If I study for a test just to get a reward from my parents and not for what it gains for me and my future, I might as well not try." Emily W.

"If I gain knowledge of the Bible but never teach it to anyone, it's of no use." Brittany

"If I help out at the hospital, not to help the sick but in hopes of meeting a cute doctor, I should have just stayed home." Chelsey


And their teacher said, "AMEN."


Applicable quote of the day:
"Loving people live in a loving world. Hostile people live in a hostile world. Same world."
Wayne Dyer


God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1

http://www.hawleybooks.com/
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: