Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Wednesday Update On Dad

This evening, Dad was exhilarated by a several part documentary on Michael J. Fox and his battle with Parkinson's. Dad and Diane made it half way through and it really touched him. I guess he can relate! He is excited about the house getting in shape to sell and singers from church visiting tomorrow night. Sharyn has returned home and we really appreciate her time with Dad. He has an appointment with his cancer doctor this week; sometimes, I forget he still is under medication for it. I received a beautiful e-mail from Annette Baldwin today, long time friend of my parents and she spoke of watching her folks go through what mine are experiencing. Sometimes, our attention has had to be on Dad so much we forget to talk about Mom as much. Some of you were not reading this update in August when Mom moved into the West County Care Center. I am reprinting below what I wrote when she left her home for the last time. Thanks for your prayers and concern for our folks.
God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1

http://www.hawleybooks.com/
E-mail me (or Dad) at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: