Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Tuesday Update On Dad

Today, Sharyn took Dad to see Mom at the West County Care Center. I am pretty positive it is the first time he has been back in her wing, which is a locked section for patients, like Mom, with Alzheimer's. Dad said Mom was awake and communicated but he said he could only stay for about fifteen minutes. As much as he longs to see her and loves being with her, witnessing her in a care facility breaks his heart. Dad called it a mixed blessing. He had a good report from the nurse who said it was her final visit; I take it she has done all she can and he has progressed to the point where he can get by without her checkups! Dad also told me he is walking exclusively with a cane now and has put his walker away. I think this is a huge step. (Please excuse the lame pun!) Sharyn will leave in the next day or so and like so many others, has been a tremendous blessing. I marvel at the Lord's working in our parents' care. Thanks for all of your prayers!
God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1

www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me (or Dad) at
steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: