Saturday, December 22, 2007

Saturday Update On Dad

Dad was invigorated this morning by visits from Scott and Glenna Walker and Sean Moore. He really loves his church family....and the Walkers brought food! He had a new health care worker, Elaine, who he liked. We built a fire, the first of the winter for Dad. Tonight, I helped him write a letter to his/Mom's congregation for all the love and kindness shown to our family since his stroke. It will be read in worship service in the morning and it was difficult to capsulize his flood of memories. I had my own adventure this afternoon. I was on my way to see Mom at the West County Care Center when the car died at a busy intersection. A number of people, including several police officers, stopped and offered assistance. The result was the car was towed and is sitting in a repair shop parking lot. We aren't quite sure what the next step is or how much money to sink into it. Something else to pray about! Please pray for Dad as he returns to worship services tomorrow and pray for Dave's family as they drive to St. Louis. Thanks and Merry Christmas!
God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1

E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: