Friday, December 16, 2011

Daddy's Home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The passage of time can be a blur. Four years ago today, I wrote this piece about a wonderful breakthrough in a very difficult time for our family. Dad had suffered a stroke and desperately worked on his rehab so he could go home. We were so proud of him. I found that in the middle of a crisis, it's tough to think long term, or at least it was for me. To those of you who knew my mom and dad, I hope this brings a smile. This is from 12-16-07.

Our prayers have been answered and Dad moved back home this afternoon, living in his own house for the first time since July 31! He is at peace with the condition of the house and has already had guests! The health care people are in place and ready to go. I asked what he wanted for Christmas and he said to have his children home. I further asked if this exonerated us from buying presents and he was emphatic with his NO! This morning at worship, it was my honor to introduce friends of my parents who had never met each other. Jack and Linda Coffee from St. Louis were here visiting their daughter. Gayle and Grace Napier, now of Georgia but formerly great friends of Mom and Dad in both Nebraska and Lubbock, are in Houston visiting two of their daughters. We have been blessed as a family to have people who we love and who love us all over the United States. Both the Coffees and the Napiers have had profound impacts on the Hawleys....but their paths had never crossed.
A special thanks to Don and Jeanette who moved Dad from Surrey Place back to Twin Oaks! Dad's new/old phone number is 636-225-7448. He would love to hear from you! He will have time on his hands and the best thing he does is talk. It would be a Christmas present to him if you call. We praise God for all he has done of our family and we thank him for all all of you!

God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1
http://www.hawleybooks.com/

E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

2 comments:

Laurie said...

More evidence of answered prayers. I know he is thrilled to be home. Have a GREAT Christmas at home with him. I pray that your mom will be able to spend the day with you all also.

astrosfreak09 said...

That's awesome that he made it home on time! I'm sure he's the happiest man alive right now, I know I would be! Hope yall have an Amazing Christmas together!
God Bless
Love ya
Downtown Brown