Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Tuesday Update On Dad

This evening, I was with Mom as she ate supper. And, in a true role reversal from childhood, I helped her eat. She was talkative, bringing up long-deceased kinfolk like Uncle George, Uncle Jim, and her mother, Ruth. I also spent several hours with Dad. He had a good day and appeared to be in no pain. A member of my folks' congregation, David Waters, came by and visited for more than an hour. We had a wonderful talk and Dad enjoyed it immensely. It is still mystifying how Dad can wax eloquently on weighty matters and not remember the simplest items. I guess it is the nature of the beast. Dad is anxiously awaiting the arrival of Dave's and Scott's families, as well as eating Thanksgiving dinner with Mom. Have a terrific Thanksgiving and we thank the Lord for all of you who pray for us!
God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1

E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: