Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Wednesday Update On Dad

Dad was a little despondent this evening. I think the grind of five weeks in the hospital is wearing him down. He was upset that he didn't have any phone numbers of friends or family, leaving him totally dependent on the hospital staff. (Susan Jones is putting a list together for him of local numbers. Even if he doesn't use them, he knows he can.) I think he just needs to retain any sense of independence that is possible. Also, they moved his roommate out today. The man wouldn't talk to Dad but at least the room was not empty and he wasn't by himself. Dad is such a social creature that I know that was a blow. On the upside, his speech was the clearest it's been since his stroke. I pray he can go home soon!
God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1


E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: