Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Tuesday Update On Dad

Dad and I had a good conversation this evening. He used the word reciprocated, a good omen. His therapy was a success and he enjoyed it when I told him who all I've talked to recently due to his condition. We spoke tonight about his roommate for the past several weeks. Dad said he has tried to make a connection with the gentleman but no response. Even in his condition, it makes Dad sad to find someone who is closed off to others. I guess you just can't take the counselor out of him. I felt bad for the guy when I was in St. Louis. Dad had a steady stream of calls and visitors while the man in the next bed was virtually ignored by the outside world. The Christian will always have a second family to be there in the time of crisis. Thanks for being part of that family, even if your only connection is reading these updates and praying. That's a pretty major contribution!
God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1

E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: