Saturday, September 01, 2007

Saturday Update On Dad

I just spoke to Dad after being unable to reach him yesterday- he won't get off the phone to let me get through! He had been talking to old friends Patti and Jerl Weeks and watching the Nebraska-Nevada football game on television. (I didn't break the news to him about Michigan being upset by Appalachian State!) Dad sounded good and upbeat. We talked about school and how I was making a Crock pot recipe he made last Spring when I was in St. Louis. (I'm no cook but even I can't mess up throwing beans into the Crock pot.) I think he is able to sustain longer conversations and keep his train of thought. Susan and Jeanette are going to take digital pictures of Mom so he can see where she is living now. Thanks again for all of your prayers!
God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1
E-mail me @steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: