Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Tuesday Update On Dad

I just completed my nightly phone call with Dad. He seems upbeat although he is experiencing pain in his leg. His speech was good and he is able to hold thoughts longer. I mentioned that Cecelya, who lives in Montana, was going to call and he replied that she was an hour behind in the Mountain Time Zone. It is amazing how he can instantly discern some complicated information but was not be able to tell me the name of his friend who was visiting in his room. I also appreciated an update from Salome, a young lady from Kenya who stays in one of the downstairs rooms at the folks' house. Salome is a college student from Kenya who is a member of my parents' congregation. She is very busy between work, academics, and playing on the Missouri Baptist basketball team. She watched Dad go through his rehab this afternoon and thought he did well. She also said Mom had a good day! We praise the Lord for those who love our Mom and Dad. If you are reading this, that probably includes you!
God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1

E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: