Monday, August 05, 2019

The Perfect Golfing Partner (Dave Hawley)





Good evening! For the next  2 days, I will be on a mission trip to Vietnam. During that time, I will have new blogs each night from guest authors! (Also, on many nights, I will post pictures from my trip here!) For the next three evenings, my spot will be filled by my brother, Dave, who incidentally is the nation's winningest high school tennis coach   in the past year was inducted into four Hall of Fames! Please keep me in your prayers!


I have learned to love golf in my later life... not enough to practice it much, but just the experience of playing. I DON’T enjoy it much when I have a round like I did last week where I managed in the SAME ROUND to take an 8 on a par three, followed by a TWELVE on a par three.... yikes!!! But if I land between 80 and 93, I’m happy.
Something I had NOT reckoned on when I started to play was finding people I like playing with. You see, the problem isn’t them... it’s me. I like people who play at a brisk but not outrageous pace, who are pleasant to be around , who give a generous ‘gimme’, who don’t get angry easily,and don’t make it all about them.
The problem is... often I struggle with all of those myself, and yet I’m not nearly as demanding on me. 
God will play “ rounds of golf( life version) “ with us at any time. He does not wait for our attitudes to get better, and He blesses us nonstop. He is the perfect playing partner!
The young man in the picture is my grandson Bennett, who is growing through the pains and joys of golf... often on back to back shots. I’m looking forward to him being my playing partner for a long time, and God blessing both of us with good hearts and sometimes reasonable scores!❤⛳

No comments: