Sunday, July 21, 2019

Power Of Positivity # 1 (Trina Agee Cornell)


Good evening! For the next 28 days, I will be on a mission trip to Vietnam. During that time, I will have new blogs each night from guest authors! (Also, on many nights, I will post pictures from my trip here!) For the next 26 evenings, my spot will be filled by my dear sister in Christ, Trina Agee Cornell! Trina and I went through many mission trips together and I have been a guest in Trina's and her husband, Bob's home. Please keep me in your prayers!
Power of Positivity #1
I enjoy communicating with my family and friends through social media – especially Facebook. I follow a
number of people and organizations that focus their efforts on spreading positivity to the masses. I love
reading posts from Proverbs 31 Ministries, tobymac, Lysa TerKeurst (the founder of Proverbs 31 Ministries) –
and Power of Positivity. I came across this organization through a friend of mine – I noticed that she shared
posts from them on a regular basis, and I decided I would “like” the page and check it out for myself. Power of
Positivity has spoken to me on a number of levels – the Lord allows just the right one to cross my path when it
is most needed. I wanted to focus this series of blog posts on the posts that have resonated with me – and the
lessons that I have learned from them.
“RELAX. You are enough. You do enough. Breathe extra deep, let go, and just live right now in the moment.”
This post crossed my feed on a particularly busy day. It was May – the month that teachers seem to muddle
through to get to the good part: summer. This year, our school year ended on May 31 st – we had a high
number of snow days this year, due to our rough winter, so we spent the rest of the month making up those
days. The month felt like it just drug along – the kids were tired, I was tired – we were all ready for it to end.
The Lord knew I needed to hear this message that day – I saw it while working out at the gym before school.
My mind had already been running a mile a minute – thinking about everything I needed to do to wrap up the
school year, our family schedule and planning for future events, and wishing it were the end of the school
year. Being pulled in all of these directions – being a wife, a mother, and a teacher – I felt as if I could not give
my best to each of these roles. In the great juggling act of life, I felt like a failure when I could not keep all of
these “balls” afloat. With these words, the Lord reminded me that I needed to breathe – and I needed to
relax. He reminded me that I am enough – I had everything I needed to make it through that particular day.
They grounded me – they showed me that the day before me was all I had, and I needed to be my best self
within the time I had been given.
As part of the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus points to the same idea – “Therefore, do not worry about
tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own” (Matthew 6:34). The
Lord gives us 24 hours in a day – because He knew that was all that we could handle at a time. Yesterday is
over with – and tomorrow is not here yet. All I have is here and now – and I intend to make the most of it.

God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1

E-mail me at shawley@westburychristian.org

No comments: