Monday, November 05, 2018

Student I AM Statements- 2018



My classes today finished studying the seven I AM statements Jesus made in the Gospel of John. If you aren't familiar with them, here they are!
I am the bread of life.
I am the true vine.
I am the good shepherd.
I am the gate for the sheep.
I am the light of the world.
I am the resurrection and the life.
I am the way, the truth, and the life.
I gave my students the assignment of coming up with their own I AM statements which would define them. Tonight, I am posting some of them, a combination of middle and high school kids. They are brutally honest and all are used with permission; boys in blue and girls in pink!

I am the daughter whose family is messed up.
I am the boy who doesn’t do enough to make all A’s.
I am the boy who gets yelled at by coaches sometimes.

I am the girl who gets anxious over little things.
I am the girl who truly wants to be herself.
I am the person who wonders what my dad looks like.
I am the girl who is a follower dreaming of being a leader.
I am the boy who is a good student without cheating.
I am the girl who lives in her brother’s shadow.
I am the boy whose grandmother is addicted to cigarettes.
I am the daughter of a broken family.
I am the girl whose confidence is growing immensely.
I am a boy who is very intelligent but I sometimes hide the fact.
I am an image of what people call me.
I am the lucky guy with a great family.
I am the girl who some people think is perfect but I can never see it.
I am the girl who can’t sleep at night.
I am the boy who wants to help more.
I am the son of a struggling father.

I am the boy who works hard because I wasn’t given the most talent.
I am the girl who would die for her family and friends.
I am the girl who is too scared to look in the mirror.
I am the son of a stressed mother.
I am the boy who is supportive yet without support.
I am the boy who lost a lot of friends: I couldn’t save them.
I am the boy who is the outsider of his family.
I am the girl who is always there for others.
I am the boy who as an athlete doesn’t know his potential.
I am the boy who is a gamer but not good enough.
I am the lost girl who is consumed by uncertainty and worry.
I am the girl who is slowly raising her confidence level.

God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1

www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: