Monday, November 12, 2018

Student I AM Statements 2018 Chapter III



My classes this week finished studying the seven I AM statements Jesus made in the Gospel of John. If you aren't familiar with them, here they are!
I am the bread of life.
I am the true vine.
I am the good shepherd.
I am the gate for the sheep.
I am the light of the world.
I am the resurrection and the life.
I am the way, the truth, and the life.
I gave my students the assignment of coming up with their own I AM statements which would define them. Again tonight, I am posting some of them, a combination of middle and high school kids. They are brutally honest and all are used with permission; boys in blue and girls in pink!

I am the girl who hopes to inspire people to do good.
I am the girl who loves dark chocolate!
I am the daughter who tells good jokes.
I am the boy who is least likable in his grade.
I am a boy who likes Chipotle.

I am the girl who loves traveling the world.
I am the daughter of two loving parents.
I am the girl who is youngest in her family.
I am the boy who doesn’t manage time well.
I am the girl who doesn’t like to wear skirts.
I am the girl who is there for others who aren’t there for me.
I am the boy who speaks against his mom but loves her in his heart.
I am a boy who is not good at expressing feelings.
I am the girl who will help everyone but herself.
I am the boy who is the unnoticed helper.
I am the girl who can’t speak to others out of fear.
I am a boy who is a faker.
I am the son of a business man.

I am the girl who doesn’t like it when people call her perfect.
I am the girl who pushes everyone away.
I am a boy who definitely loves his mom with all of his heart.
I am the girl with regrets.
I am the boy who doesn’t want to mess it up.
I am the boy who is joyful in front of others.
I am the girl who is scared to look into the mirror.
I am the guy who is all that you say that I am.
I am the boy with a big dream.
I am the girl who had to take care of her sister.
I am the girl everyone expects to be in a good mood.
I am a girl who is a hopeful believer in world peace.
I am the girl who is designated as the friend therapist (and it is tiring).
I am a girl who can’t fight back.
I am a girl who is a hopeless romantic.
I am the person who is mentally exhausted.
I am the girl who seems happy.
I am the boy who cooks for his mom.


God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1
www.hawleybooks.com
Email me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: