Thursday, November 08, 2018

Student I AM Statements 2018 ACT II



My classes this week finished studying the seven I AM statements Jesus made in the Gospel of John. If you aren't familiar with them, here they are!
I am the bread of life.
I am the true vine.
I am the good shepherd.
I am the gate for the sheep.
I am the light of the world.
I am the resurrection and the life.
I am the way, the truth, and the life.
I gave my students the assignment of coming up with their own I AM statements which would define them. Again tonight, I am posting some of them, a combination of middle and high school kids. They are brutally honest and all are used with permission; boys in blue and girls in pink!

I am the daughter who should spend more time with her family.
I am the boy who is controlled by his sister.
I am the extremely shy girl who people mistake as mean.
I am the girl who gives so much but never gets anything in return.
I am the girl who is not smart but who acts like she is.
I am the son who needs to stop arguing with his parents.
I am the boy who is the soft spoken listener.

I am the girl who suffers in silence.
I am the girl with very high standards.
I am the son of a generous father.
I am the boy who misses home.

I am the girl who is both loudest and shyest at the same time.
I am the girl who lacks confidence.
I am the girl who is caring of other’s thoughts.
I am the misunderstood boy who people don’t try to understand.
I am the girl who is too much like her father.
I am the girl who loves ballet.
I am the girl who is daughter of the Most High.
I am the son who doesn’t follow directions.
I am the girl who is youngest in her family.
I am the girl who absolutely loves kids.
I am the boy everyone comes to when they are sad and need advice.
I am the brother of an amazing sister.
I am the boy who likes to eat!

I am the girl who wants to be an architect or engineer.
I am the girl who likes to dance.
I am the girl who wants to please everyone.
I am the boy who likes Chipotle.
I am the boy who is very alone on the inside.

I am the daughter who takes care of all the pets.
I am the girl who is creative and crazy!
I am the girl who still closes her eyes when there is a kissing scene in movies!

God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1
www.hawleybooks.com
Email me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: