Wednesday, July 18, 2018

What I Can’t Live Without (Trina Agee Cornell)

Trina is one of my heroes! We have been on many mission trips together in Honduras and I've grown to love and admire her. She's such a wonderful example, WCS has tried several times to persuade her to teach for us. Trina and her husband Bob live in St. Louis recently became parents to Connor! Pray for me as I continue my mission in Vietnam!

In my reading classes last year, I had my students complete a writing assignment centered on this question:
What is one of the things that you cannot live without?
I asked them to write the first sentence, naming the topic of their writing. The next four sentences should include the reasons why they chose their topic. After about five minutes of reflection and processing, we spent some time sharing their responses.  The answers that my students provided were all over the place - from scientific (water, food, shelter) to people (family, friends) to you name it.  
There was one commonality in and among each of my classes - at least one person in each class, except for one, mentioned that they could not live without their phones.  Showing my age, I shared with them about a time, years ago, when phones were nonexistent.  Their responses allowed us to have some great conversations that served to build their comprehension and understanding.
If this question were posed to you, what would your response be?  My answer would be two-fold - it includes my Lord and the relationships i have with my friends and family.  The Lord is faithful - He has rejoiced with me in good times and seen me through some of the toughest times in my life.  This life would be difficult without Him - as well as my friends and family.  These people, with the blessing of the Lord, have helped me to become the woman I am today.  I am better for each and every relationship I have forged, and for that I am grateful.

mage result for smart phone


God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1
www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: