Monday, July 23, 2018

If I Could Turn Back Time (Trina Agee Cornell)

Trina is one of my heroes! We have been on many mission trips together in Honduras and I've grown to love and admire her. She's such a wonderful example, WCS has tried several times to persuade her to teach for us. Trina and her husband Bob live in St. Louis recently became parents to Connor! Pray for me as I continue my mission in Vietnam!

“In the end we only regret the chances we did not take.“
Regret is a state of being that affects all of us at different points in our lives.  Regret is defined as, "feeling sad, repentant, or disappointed over something that has happened or been done, especially a loss or a missed opportunity".  Most people can look back over the course of their lives and pinpoint a pivotal time where decisions have to be made. We look at the choices we have made and sometimes wish we had chosen differently.  We think about how the course of our lives would have changed with different decisions made - and at times wish we could have a do-over.
Unfortunately, this is not a possibility - the things we have done in the past cannot be changed.  One of the amazing things about our Lord is that He knows our past - He knows where we have been - and He loves us just the same.  We may regret the actions of our pasts, but the Lord is ready and willing to forgive - and to help us move forward.  
The route my life has taken has been one I never expected.  I believe that every step - every action - and every event in my life has had a specific purpose, and I am better for each and every one of them.  I am who I am because of my experiences - and I am forever grateful for the Lord's faithfulness.  


mage result for turn back time


God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1
www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: