Monday, July 09, 2018

Castles In The Sand (Ken Ellis)

Lord willing, I am in Can Tho, Vietnam! For the next 26 days, my writing platform will be manned (or womaned) by friends and relatives. Tonight's entry is a poem penned by my very good friend, Ken Ellis, of Wichita, Kansas. Prayers for my work, please!






As I walked along the beach one Sunday morning,
I saw a child digging in the sand,
As she filled her pail with water,
She held a tiny figure in her hand.


When I asked what she was building,
She smiled at me and said,
It’s a castle for the princess,
She and her knight will soon be wed.


The brave knight saved her from the dragon,
She gave her heart to him and soon,
Come tomorrow they will marry,
In the castle yard, beneath the moon.


As I looked at her I wondered,
If she knew what lay ahead,
Soon the evening tide would roll in,
And wash away their sacred bed.


Like castles in the sand,
We are weak and unprotected,
We are helpless when the storms of life come crashing in,
We all need someone to rescue and protect us,
And save us from ourselves, as sinful, mortal men.


You must build your life upon a firm foundation,
If not strong, it will crumble and fall down,
You can’t know the answer to every situation,
So look to Him, and the answer can be found.


Like castles in the sand,
We can’t rise above the fury,
But He will lift us up and save us in the end,
He will surround each one with His mighty power,
With Him as Savior, our broken lives can mend.


So build your life upon a tried and true foundation,
And when the storms of darkness blow in from all around,
You can live without fear and complication,
For your anchor rests on higher ground.


Not like castles in the sand,
You won’t be washed into the ocean,
You may be tossed about and your tears fall into the sea,
But with your eyes on Him and with complete devotion,
You will reign with Him for all eternity.


When I came back at eve, I couldn’t find the castle,
For it had washed away, and like the girl was gone,
And like an artist with a brush stroke upon an easel,
In the end, His hand will cover up each wrong.


Not like castles in the sand,
We won’t be washed into the ocean,
We may be tossed about and our tears fall into the sea,
But with our eyes on him and with complete devotion,
We will reign with him for all eternity.


Yes, we will reign with him for all eternity.


Applicable Quote of the Day:
Matthew 6:49   “But the one who hears my words and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation.  The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete.”


God bless, Steve Luke 18:1
www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: