Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Ask Questions! (Trina Agee Cornell)

Trina is one of my heroes! We have been on many mission trips together in Honduras and I've grown to love and admire her. She's such a wonderful example, WCS has tried several times to persuade her to teach for us. Trina and her husband Bob live in St. Louis recently became parents to Connor! Pray for me as I continue my mission in Vietnam!

In my classes at school, we discussed the goals I have for our new unit entitled "Live Your Dream".  One of the goals I shared with them was as follows: "to build 21st Century skills by asking questions and gathering information."  I explained to them that in this day and age, a different set of skills is required for them to be successful.  With the advances in technology and the new jobs created everyday, I have to help my students become problem solvers and critical thinkers.  This is a must-have as they move on to high school, college - and the real world.
I follow this same process with anything new - I ask questions, I seek to understand, I do my research - I inform myself with reliable, trusted sources that assist in clarifying and learning.  Jesus' apostles did this on a daily basis - they asked deep, probing questions of our Lord while He was on earth - many of the same questions we have today.  Jesus always answered them with wisdom and love, helping them to see the kingdom of God in a new light.  They did this until the Lord ascended into heaven - the Holy Spirit took over in His stead. We have this same Spirit with us, as well as God's word, to answer our deepest questions and help us gather information in the form of wisdom and guidance.  


What questions do you have for our Lord?  Let the Holy Spirit – and His Word – help you find the answers that you seek!  

God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1
www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: