Monday, July 30, 2018

A Writer’s Joy (Trina Agee Cornell)

Trina is one of my heroes! We have been on many mission trips together in Honduras and I've grown to love and admire her. She's such a wonderful example, WCS has tried several times to persuade her to teach for us. Trina and her husband Bob live in St. Louis recently became parents to Connor! Pray for me as I continue my mission in Vietnam!

Writing has always been a passion of mine - the advent of the iPhone has been such an amazing part of my daily regimen.  I have always considered myself a writer, but in recent years, I have not had the chance to do it as much as I would like.  For the past few summers, I have written as a guest blogger for my dear friend, Steve Hawley.  He has spent several summers working in overseas missions and has sought guest writers to maintain his wonderful blog while he is away.  I spent the first part of this past summer preparing some entries for him - and I ended up writing several weeks worth of entries for the first time!  Writing them brought such joy to my life - they helped me revive my passion for writing in a tremendous way.  I spend a short portion of my gym time writing in the Notes section on my phone - a place I can store my writings and musings until publication.
When I write, I strive to put myself into my works - I share my experiences, my trials, my joys, and my sorrows.  Writing has been a cathartic practice for me as it allows me to get my ideas and thoughts down on paper, serving as my personal outlet.  
I write about topics about which I am passionate - things in my life that mean a great deal to me.  As I am sure many of you have noticed, that falls into two categories - my relationship with the Lord and our growing family.  I have shared more pictures of Connor on social media than I have ever shared of myself, and he is not even a year old!  These topics are truly important aspects of my life - and in that order.  I am forever grateful to my Lord for all He has done for me - His mercies are new every morning, and I strive each day to live a life that glorifies Him.  My family is my rock - they built my foundation in Christ, they have been there for me through thick and thin, and continue to inspire and encourage me I all that I do.  My son has added a whole new dimension for this – my husband and I strive to be good examples for our son, as he will follow in our footsteps, prayerfully toward the Lord.  
Please know - when you see me write - know that I speak from the heart - and all the glory goes to the Lord. 


mage result for writer

God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1
www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: