Friday, November 10, 2017

I AM Student Statements 2017, ACT III


My classes recently finished studying the seven I AM statements Jesus made in the Gospel of John. If you aren't familiar with them, here they are!
I am the bread of life.
I am the true vine.
I am the good shepherd.
I am the gate for the sheep.
I am the light of the world.
I am the resurrection and the life.
I am the way, the truth, and the life.

I gave my students the assignment of coming up with their own I AM statements which would define them. Again tonight, I am posting some of them. They are brutally honest and all are used with permission, boys in blue and girls in pink!

I am the boy who feels left out sometimes.
I am the boy who will talk fast but act slow.

I am the girl who is always the youngest in her class.I am the boy who is lot trying to find God's purpose for his life.
I am the boy who is kind to the cruel.
I am the boy who gets down on himself when he can't figure something out quickly.

I am the girl who loves to bake and DIY.
I am the girl who will take a bullet for anyone.
I am the girl who knows who she is.
I am the girl who never gives up.
I am the boy who doesn't know how to act among his peers.
I am the girl who want to touch the sky!

I am the boy who doesn't like feelings.
I am the girl who belongs in the 80's.
I am the girl who can see the difference between green and forest green.
I am the boy who tries to love the disliked.
I am the girl who sometimes loses herself to become someone who she is not.
I am the boy who misses his grandparents.
I am the girl who is strong and kind.
I am the girl who is only truly happy when she is not.
I am the girl who is trapped in her mind.
I am the girl living in the shadow of her sister.
I am the boy who loves the mysterious and the unknown.
I am the boy who is an open book.

I am the girl with the hand reaching out to others.
I am the girl who has lived a thousand lives.
I am the girl who hates to smile.
I am the girl who works hard and plays hard.
I am the girl who walks in the light of God.

I am the boy lost in the shifting maze of life.
I am the girl who cries for her loved ones.
I am the girl who stays away from drama.

I am the boy who never thinks he's good enough.
I am the girl who people mistake as quiet and calm.
I am the boy waiting for life to give me an opportunity.


God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1

www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: