Tuesday, September 12, 2017

The Highway To Crazy

Although crazy is not a textbook definition, we know it when we see it! This is fro October 29, 2012.
Yesterday, our minister, Davis Yasko, preached on the relationships that make us nuts and how we handle those who can be difficult to live with. Honesty requires us to admit we might be the same tipping point to others in our orbit. Truthfully, I don't think I know anybody who has that affect on me- I'm not downplaying those dealing with people who potentially harm them- but I also don't mind a little unorthodoxy from those I deal with. I once read a quote about baseball legend Leo Durocher:
'He might be a headache but he's never boring.'
I like non-boring people. I also like consistent people. I wish I could say I like everyone but that would be a stretch. I wish I could say everybody likes me but that would not be accurate either. We've talked in class recently how some of Jesus' apostle picks seem curious, like he was setting Himself up for some serious conflict resolution with the Twelve but He could see the big picture. Sometimes I see the little bitty snapshot and focus on the small  image instead of long range. I bet Peter in the short run was a distraction to the Lord but what a giant in the long run. So here's to those who drive us crazy, and hopefully, in a good way!

Applicable quote of the day:

"No one can drive us crazy unless we give them the keys.”
Doug Horton

To watch and listen to the Fine Young Cannibals sing She Drives Me Crazy, click or copy/paste the link below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=majFrn3j1Co

God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1

www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: