Wednesday, July 19, 2017

You Are Not Alone (Trina Agee Cornell)

Trina is one of my heroes! We have been on many mission trips together in Honduras and I've grown to love and admire her. She's such a wonderful example, WCS has tried several times to persuade her to teach for us. Trina and her husband Bob live in St. Louis and are expecting their first child!  Pray for me as I continue my mission in Vietnam!

Bob and I had an opportunity in the fall of 2016 to arrange an impromptu date night for ourselves.  I left school early to make an appointment at 3:00, which put me home in characteristically early.  Bob got home from his run, cleaned up, and decided to go out.  We went to Bandana's, a local BBQ chain here in St. Louis, and enjoyed a nice meal together.  
I can't help but be observant of my surroundings while I'm out and about.  Call it "people watching" if you will, but it's what I do.  As we were seated in our section, the hostess seated an older man at the table right next to us.  He readily took his menu, ordered an unsweetened iced tea, and took his time perusing his choices.  He appeared to be in his 50s, dressed nice, and was minus a wedding ring.  He also appeared to be quite content dining on his own, enjoying the meal he selected.  
As I watched him, I thanked the Lord.  I know that sounds weird, but I thanked Him for the blessing that Bob is to my life.  I will not walk this life journey alone - because the Lord lead me to my best friend - my husband.  I don't know the circumstances of this gentleman - he could have been a widower, never married, who knows? The Lord made us to need relationships - to need people in our lives to carry us, lift us up, and be there for us when we need them.  
I want to let you know - you are not alone.  You have people in this world that care about you, love you, and want the best for you.  We see your hurt - we see your struggles - and we want to help.  All you have to do is reach out - and let us be there for you.  For the longest time, I felt alone in my personal struggles – when I started opening up about them, I realized I was not the only one dealing with them.  Satan wants you to think you’re the only one – he wants to isolate you in the worst way possible.  When you realize you’re not alone – when you know you have the Lord on your side – it truly makes all the difference in the world.


God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1

www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: