Monday, July 31, 2017

Transitions (Dave Hawley)

Tonight's entry is from my brother, Dave Hawley, the nation's winningest high school tennis coach! Prayers for me as I complete my mission to Vietnam!


Time has a funny way of getting away from you. Last night we attended the graduation of our youngest son from residency and it struck me that nine years earlier , he had started the process..... And I thought THIS WILL TAKE FOREVER! But now the time has arrived.... Much quicker than I could have imagined.
But that's not really the point of what I want to say. At the end of the ceremony, one of Ben's instructors said that there is nothing sadder than a doctor who makes no advancements during his career. That was the third time I'd heard that sentiment in the last few weeks! I first heard it connected to being a teacher, my chosen field, during our end of year banquet. Challenged to be better and innovative!

But the third time was about church, and if a church isn't growing, it's actually, in a sense, dying. And at the heart of of church growth HAS to be individual growth. I guess my point is that if we are the same in ten years
with our walk, we are not growing at all... Only dying a slow death.

Let us commit to looking at each day as great chances for growth! Blessings to you all today!


God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1

www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com


No comments: