Thursday, July 20, 2017

The Healing Process (Trina Agee Cornell)

Trina is one of my heroes! We have been on many mission trips together in Honduras and I've grown to love and admire her. She's such a wonderful example, WCS has tried several times to persuade her to teach for us. Trina and her husband Bob live in St. Louis and are expecting their first child!  Pray for me as I continue my mission in Vietnam!



Two weeks.  
That's how long it took.  
It took two weeks of bandages, Neosporin, consultation with the school nurse, and reapplication to heal the tip of my middle finger.  Two weeks ago Saturday, I sliced it open while I was doing dishes.  I washed a Pampered Chef stoneware piece that had a crack, unbeknownst to me.  As I washed it, the pan shattered into giant and little pieces, and almost took a chunk out of my middle finger.  It took 15 minutes of pressure to stop the bleeding before it could be bandaged.  
Once I had the Band-Aid in, I wondered, "How in the world am I going to wash my hair?"  With a hunk of skin still attached to my finger, how was I going to make it happen?  Bob had the solution - he went to the grocery store while I worked out Sunday morning, and he bought me a box of latex gloves. This is how I have made it happen for the last two weeks - and now, I've gotten used to it.  
Saturday morning, I decided to give my finger some air - it had been bandaged up for 14 days, so I thought it was time to test things out.  I could tell it was much better and completely healed.  It's nice to not have it all covered and protected - it can now handle the elements and I can discontinue further care.  
When things happen, we look for the quick fix - we want it bandaged, healed, and done in a short period of time.  As soon as this happened, I know there would be no quick fix - I knew it would take a considerable amount of time to heal this wound.  Our mainstream world may run on instant gratification – the quicker the better – but healing does not.  This goes for all types of healing – including mental and emotional.  There is an old saying that states, “Time heals all wounds” – this is only true if you do something about it within the time you are given.  Thank goodness – the Great Healer is our Lord and Savior.  He will help you heal – all you have to do is let Him.

God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1

www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: