Tuesday, November 29, 2016

I AM Statements 2016


My classes recently finished studying the seven I AM statements Jesus made in the Gospel of John. If you aren't familiar with them, here they are!
I am the bread of life.
I am the true vine.
I am the good shepherd.
I am the gate for the sheep.
I am the light of the world.
I am the resurrection and the life.
I am the way, the truth, and the life.

I gave my students the assignment of coming up with their own I AM statements which would define them. Again tonight, I am posting some of them. They are brutally honest and all are used with permission, boys in blue and girls in pink!
I am the girl who can sing but is too shy to sing out loud.
I am the boy who is respected for being respectful.
I am the girl with good hair.
I am the girl who has never had a boyfriend.
I am the boy whose family will do anything for him.
I am a girl who has more guy than girl friends.
I am the boy who gives in.
I am the girl who is still trying to figure out how to be her own kind of beautiful.
I am the girl who doesn’t like to share her feelings.
I am the boy who wants to impress his parents in basketball.
I am the boy who doesn’t have good grades but is very intelligent.
I am the girl whose mind is always blank.
I am the boy who is quiet yet anxious.
I am a girl who doesn’t know where she will end up.
I am the girl who says things at wrong times.
I am a boy who thinks most girls are pretty.
I am the girl who wants life to leave her alone.
I am the boy who speaks out of turn.
I am the boy who has a paranoid state of mind.
I am the one who strives to walk on the path of righteousness.
I am the girl who acts like she isn’t listening.
I am the boy from a troubled crazy family.
I am the guy you should really get to know.
I am the girl who doesn’t like to be hurt.
I am the girl who was going to get aborted.
I am a boy who is watched over by God.
I am the girl who hopes people don’t hurt my feelings.
I am the boy who is the leader of the pack.
I am the girl who wants to be treated fairly.
I am the boy who questions why the world is so cruel.
I am the boy who is the light of the sun.
I am the boy who sometimes doubts God.
I am the boy who lets opportunities slip away.
I am the girl wanting answers in my life.
I am the boy who want to be different in the future.
I am the one trying so desperately to prove I can get good grades but I don't.

God bless, Steve Luke 18:1
www.hawleybooks.com E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: