Monday, September 05, 2016

The Five Second Solution



There is something new on my windshield! It isn't my car registration/inspection notice which is valid until the end of March, 2017. It isn't my WCS Faculty tag- it hangs on the rear view mirror inside my Honda. It's isn't bird droppings, either- dodged a bullet there! My new addition is pictured above. Know what it is? About two weeks ago, somebody stuck one of the post card announcements under my windshield wiper on the driver's side. It was for some church and had the picture of the preacher and his wife, I think. I can't even tell you where my car was when it was gifted to me. The first time I saw it, I was in a hurry and just let it go. I probably was irritated, too, and left it there just for spite. Well, a day or two turned into about twelve and I finally got annoyed enough to remove it. But when I did, it didn't all come off as you can tell. The alternating rain and brutal sunshine of Houston melted it onto the glass and so you are looking at the residual effects. Probably, I should get a razor blade and scrape it off- I doubt it would take long. But I'm pretty busy these days so I'll just have to stare at it until further notice.... or until I get really aggravated!

Whose fault is this sticky situation in which I find myself? I could blame the church members who, I'm guessing, were the ones who left the card uninvited under my wiper blade. Or maybe even the church itself for printing out the cards. But you and I both know the answer. I could have solved the problem in five seconds but I just let it linger. I/we somehow think problems will magically simply vanish like the mist over the meadow in the early morning if we act like they are invisible. But, there's a reason our tooth is aching or we are fighting with our mate. There's a cause for a poor grade in a class or tension with a co-worker. Problems rarely just work themselves out: we have to make an effort to resolve the issue. Talk to the other person. L.ook in the mirror and examine yourself. Seek wise counsel. Pray about it. Pray about it some more. But don't let it just sit there on the windshield of your life. You'll end up with some scraping to do

Applicable quote of the day:
A resolution to avoid an evil is seldom framed till the evil is so far advanced as to make avoidance impossible. 
Thomas Hardy

God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1

www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: