Saturday, December 19, 2015

The Year In Review 2015


My brother Dave had something come across my feed on Facebook yesterday. It was his 2015 Year In Review taken from the pictures on his Facebook page. I enjoyed looking at it. If you know Dave, it's what you'd expect; Zambia, tennis, Sally, Bo and Bennett. There was a link asking if I would like to see mine. Sure! It was free and would be shared only with my permission. It was completed instantly- I am amazed at technology and it was fun to look at my 2015 in review. It's been a very fast year!

I found something fascinating as I looked at the ten pictures Facebook selected for my review. All ten of them were from my annual mission trip to Vietnam in July. All of them. I'm not sure what algebraic equation Facebook uses to put together stuff like this- apparently they are very secretive when it comes to the logarithms that control our pages. But this is interesting. Of the 350 days so far in 2015, I was only in Vietnam for 22 or only less than 7% of the year. At first that struck me as a mistake- Mr. Zuckerberg's computer whizzes messed up on the math!


But as I thought about it, it came to me that maybe Facebook is right. Maybe 6+% of my year defined the 2015 succinctly and correctly. We've always blithely quoted the old Home is where the heart is proverb and certainly nothing wrong or inaccurate with that. But maybe home is not confined to one place or just biological relatives. In Christ, maybe home is a plural term. If so, I'll be home in Vietnam in July. I hope they miss me.

Applicable quote of the day:
“How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives.”
Annie Dillard


God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1

www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: