Saturday, February 16, 2019

Keurig For All Ills


COFFEE- the fuel for my world! This is from February 24, 2015.

It's been a good couple of days for me, coffee-wise. Today after class, Naila, one of my favorite students ever, told me her mom was bringing me coffee when she visits her daughter. Naila is from Tanzania and Tanzanian coffee is prized! Naila is already making a high A in my Gospels class so no need to inflate her grade over this very gracious present! Yesterday, I found my birthday present. If that sounds odd, my birthday was last Wednesday and my brothers, Dave and Scott, sent me a present but it never came. (In all honesty, it was either Karen or Sally who actually got it shipped!) My brothers wondered about the delivery to WCS but nothing to report.....until I looked on Monday through the boxes of 500 Honduras/Haiti bottles which were delivered last Wednesday. My 8th period 8th grade Bible class descended on our lobby and carried the boxes up to my room along with my gift which got mixed in and overlooked. When I discovered the box yesterday, I thought it was for someone else but my name was on it. When I opened it, I found a Keurig Coffee Maker! Both Dave and Scott have one and I learned to use them over Thanksgiving and Christmas vacations. I hope this one does not require ANY assembly- I could be in trouble!

I think this is interesting about my new coffee maker. The gift was there all along- I just didn't know it. I am convinced the Lord gives us gifts we never develop because we never discover them or we're afraid to try. As I have become older- witness the birthday- I've found I have talents I never dreamed I had. What's more, I find I am reasonably competent in them and enjoy exploring how to put them into practice. I would have never believed I could travel the world by myself or teach someone about Jesus who doesn't speak English. I would have never believed I could use a computer in any form or fashion but now I am able to write a short devotional each night and send it around the globe. I'm pretty comfortable staying comfortable but that isn't why God granted me some talents. Like that Keurig, they might have been in plain sight but I wasn't looking too diligently. What's next? Well, one of my students (Caitlyn) told me last year I would be a good husband! Just don't give me that you aren't looking line.

Applicable quote of the day:
I like coffee because it gives me the illusion that I might be awake.

God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1
www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: